Posts Tagged ‘latexit’

Convincing LatexIt and Illustrator to use the new SIGGRAPH fonts

Saturday, May 20th, 2017

The SIGGRAPH Latex style changed to the Libertine font. Here’re the steps to convince Latexit to use the new stylesheet and then to convince Illustrator to use the libertine font for drag and drop math.

mkdir ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/local/acmart.cls/
cp ~/Dropbox/boundary/Paper/acmart.cls ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/local/acmart.cls

In Latexit, open up Preferences, add a new SIGGRAPH “Template” containing:

\documentclass[sigconf, review]{acmart}
\pagenumbering{gobble}

If you try to drag and drop these into illustrator you’ll see that illustrator has replaced the nice math font with Myriad or something silly.

Download the TTF libertine font pack

Drag this into FontBook.app

cp /usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/libertine/*.pfb ~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Fonts/

Update: I also had to issue:

cp /usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public/txfonts/*.pfb ~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Fonts/
cp /usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-dist/fonts/type1/public//newtx/*.pfb  ~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Fonts/

If you see boxes with X’s replacing symbols after dragging and dropping from LaTeXit, then drag into Finder instead (to create a .pdf file), then open this directly and Illustrator will give a warning and tell you which font it’s (still) missing.

Restart Adobe Illustrator

LaTeXiT on Mac OS X 10.5 with macports

Saturday, July 3rd, 2010

So I downloaded the LaTeXiT.app binary on my MacBook Pro running 10.5. It would run as if it were generating the images correctly but then not show anything. I had installed latex, pdflatex via macports, so I thought I had everything I needed.
It seems that I was missing dependencies: libpaper, ghostscript.
I found this out by trying to install latexit via macports directly:

sudo port install latexit

Surprisingly this command failed to build latexit, but the good news is that then the LaTeXiT.app binary worked as it should. Not really a solution, but worked for me.
Note: It’s worth noting that this did not happen on my 10.6 machine, where I had also installed everything via macports.